If you do your own graphics for Facebook, you’ll need to know the new Timeline Dimensions for Facebook business pages.
(If you’d like more advanced Facebook marketing education, be sure to check out http://bit.ly/FacebookAdvancedMarketingEd)
Along with the new Facebook Timeline Dimensions, there are some changes in the new Facebook Timeline that you need to be aware of as well. (see new dimensions and templates at bottom)
First there are restrictions as to what you can put on your Timeline cover. If can NOT contain:
- Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it at our website”
- Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page’s About section
- References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
- Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”
Also, on the downside, you can no longer set your “Welcome” tab (now app) or offer page as your default. This means you’ll have to be creative in how you get people to click on it themselves. Here are a couple ways:
- Create a custom cover (the size is on the Facebook Timeline Dimensions sheet) for your app that promotes an offer or has a big WELCOME on it. Be sure to keep this app as one of the first 3. (you now have room for 12 apps but only 3 will be visible under the Timeline cover.
- You can also create a post that promotes the offer or tells them to check your Welcome page and then “pin” that post to the top position. (Just click the little pencil next to the star in the upper right hand corner of post and click “pin to top”)
- Create MAGNETIC Welcome and sales pages with offer and optin or video using my new “iFame” Facebook Tab & page creator!
On the upside, though, the Timeline Dimension size for the app canvas is increased from 520px to 810px. This will give you a nice big canvas to create your offer with my iFame Facebook software.
To help you visually see allthe new Timeline Dimension changes, I’ve created an easy-to-read Info-graph for you. (To save to your computer, just right click and “save image as”.)
There are other Facebook Timeline dimensions that you may still need. Just click the link to access them as well.
Here’s a link to a Photoshop Template and another Photoshop Template (look at bottom of page) and yet another if you don’t like those. And HEY! If you’re still not happy, just do a Google search for “Facebook Page Timeline Template PSD” and you’ll find a bunch more. Typically these will work the free GIMP (photoshop lite) software as well.
I hope you find this new Facebook Timeline Dimension info-graph helpful.
Opening the doors to your Social Media and Internet Marketing success!