A Social Media Strategy Template for 2012 will be imperative, if you’re like most businesses and you’ve made the decision to expand your advertising for the new year to add online Social Media.
I applaud that you’re making the move to implement the latest in today’s marketing techniques. This is a big step and although anyone with experience can make Social Media and Internet Marketing all sound easy there is a learning curve and it can take some time to get a handle on it all. A good Social Media Strategy Template – and a little patience – can will help you immensely.
If you’re looking for someone to help you implement your Social Media strategy Template, there are
several ways to go:
- You can just pay to have it all done for you and then hire a social media manager
- You can hire someone to set up the infrastructure and then coach you how to do
- Or you can hire someone to set up the infrastructure and then buy courses online and
learn by doing
- Of course you can always try to do it yourself from scratch like I did when I started but it will take you months if not a year to do what someone like myself can do in a few weeks.
No matter what you decide I’m always just an email or phone call away to answer your questions.
But while you’re mulling that over, let me give you heads up about Social Media; what it is, what to expect and offer some strategies plus my Social Media Strategy Template to get you started.
Social Media is NOT just about advertising; it’s about building relationships – communities on line, if you would – opening lines of communication with people that, if not now, might be interested in your services down the road. You stay in constant communication with them by offering valuable content through Social Media platforms.
This content can take the form of e-books (they don’t have to be long), short training
videos, do-it-yourself guides and more; the opportunities to offer value a many and varied.
Once you’ve created an e-book or video or other information product, you make it available through social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn etc. By using a company like Aweber for an auto-responder, you now have a way to add and “optin” box where they put their name and email to get access to the material. (similar to the one I have in the right hand column.) Once you have their information you are now building a list that you can market any of your services to anytime you want.
As an example, let’s look at how a house painter may use this Social Media Strategy Template.
People want to know how to inspect their house and what to look for to know whether it’s time to paint it or not. You’d be trying to show them the importance of maintaining the exterior of their home to maintain it’s structural integrity and also it’s resale value.
So you take a house your about to paint, get yourself one of those $150 HD Flip Cams and go
around the exterior of the house filming and pointing out everything they should look for: chipping paint,
faded look, bare siding showing, holes from wood borers, holes from wood peckers, big
access holes from squirrels or raccoons, rusted down spouts or holes where retaining brackets
have been pulled out; I’m sure the list could go on.
- Once the video is done it’s uploaded to your YouTube channel (part of your Social Media Strategy Template).
- You (or someone you hire) could then transcribe the video and create pictures to make an ebook that you can market on your website and other social sites.
- Then you break out content from the e-book to create a series of daily posts on LinedIn, Facebook and
Twitter. These posts are loaded onto Hootsuite and scheduled to go out daily (you don’t have to do it yourself everyday). People start looking forward to these daily tidbits of info and watch for you posts at the same time everyday.
- Then you promote the e-book on Facebook using a squeeze page and your Aweber auto-responder to build a marketing list.
So if you follow this example, you’ve just created two great products to use to start building a list plus post material for a month. Using tactics like this that I can teach you you’ll learn how to use every one of the Social Media Platforms as a lead generating magnet in no time at all.
Hopefully you see the power behind having a Social Media Strategy Template. You can also build online products and not have to do manual labor ever again…if you wanted to of course.
So let me share with you what I consider to be the best Social Media Strategy Template for Businesses in 2010!
- WORDPRESS Website: Your online presence starts with a good website. The best are called CMS or Content Management website. That just means it will be easy for you to add content like videos, photos, articles/posts etc; no coding or “techie” stuff. WordPress in my opinion is by far the best of the platforms available today. It is used by far more than any other. You’ll want to include things like SEO and Social Media plugins, analytics to track visitors, reply forms, contact info and more.
- Facebook: Facebook is the King among Social Media sites. Some things to be sure you’ve covered in setting up the perfect Facebook Business page: keyword sensitive page name, custom avatar (profile pict) with call to action that invites people to “like” the page, 5 custom graphic thumbnails to represent your services with links to the appropriate web page on your site, custom landing (welcome) page with reveal tab and you’ll need to incorporate your offer and Aweber optin code for the optin box to start growing your list.
- FaceBook ads: Once you’ve got your Facebook business page in place, you should start using Facebook ads to drive traffic to your page. You should design 6 display ads to split test, research the keywords people might be using to search for your services and use those. (I have a Facebook AD Course on how to create the perfect Facebook ad.) You want to set a budget and then just track the adds. There are analytics on Facebook to track results and if you have analytics on your website we can also track increase in visitors over the ad period.
- Twitter: Twitter should be part of any Social media strategy Template. Twitter has value in being able to target local or regional clients and provides a way to stay in touch in real time over their phones. It’s a good way to make offers as well and build your list. There’s an advanced search that helps with targeting and automated software to add followers on autopilot. I have a Twitter course that might help you.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn offers a unique opportunity to reach the decision makers for larger companies or local businesses that might use your services like contractors, motels/hotels, etc. It has advanced search ability to target by demographics, job, business type, groups and more. Plus I can get your ranked on the first page, if not number one, in a LinkedIn search so anyone searching LinkedIn for your services you WILL be seen. There’s analytics to track results and very easy marketing strategy to use. LinkedIn has also recently added an ad platform similar to Facebook and Google AdWords.
- YouTube: YouTube is owned by Google which is the major search engine for people looking for your services. Because of that Google indexes YouTube channels and so makes it a very easy way to get ranked on page one Google using the strategy I mentioned above. Be sure to add your URL AT THE BEGINNING of the description.
- Google Plus: Google Plus is a relatively new Social Media platform but it’s growing super fast and so should definitely be a part of your Social Media Strategy Template. It’s Google’s attempt to compete with FaceBook and it looks like it just might work. There are some strategies that can be implemented to target certain niches and ad them to your “Circles”. Then you’re able to direct message them in specific posts. Google Plus looks very similar to Facebook but definitely has some benefits worth looking at. I’ll have some training on this in the near future so be sure to fill in the optin box to the right to get all my regular posts.
- Aweber: You’ll also need an auto-responder to build a list and to use for email marketing. Aweber is the best and I’ve used a bunch of them. There is some finesse needed to set it up and design the optin boxes. You want to design the optin boxes for branding and to coordinate with the other sites. You’ll also need to add your redirect link pages and few other tweaks. Once you sign up for Aweber, which is fairly inexpensive at $47/quarter, it offers a step by step for set up. But if you have problems don’t hesitate to contact me for some help.
- Hootsuite: Once all the sites are set up, you can streamline the amount of time it takes to do your posting all the sites by hooking them up to Hootsuite. Hootsuite is a social media aggregator that works with Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Hootsuite is the final but vital piece of the perfect Social Media Strategy Template.
That me seem like a lot for your first Social Media Strategy Template but I assure you this is the bare minimum; there’s so much more that can be added to this.
Some things you will need to add to your Social Media Strategy Template as you progress are:
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- BookMarking for your website
- feeding your WordPress website to Facebook and LinkedIn
- Keyword sensitive articles for your website posts
- Maybe a shopping cart for your website
- and more
Naturally if you have questions don’t hesitate to contact me. Don’t forget to leave a comment, if you’ve found this Social Media Strategy Template useful.