I hear declarations all the time like, “Internet Marketing doesn’t work!”, “FaceBook ads don’t work!”, “You’re throwing your money away wasting it on Social Media marketing.”, etc.
Many times it’s a simple as trying to wing it on your own without professional advice and like Icarus you get your wings singed & you go down in flames. So, if you’ve tried and failed, please set aside your bias for the moment, listen to my instructions and analyze where your first attempt went wrong.
Done right, Facebook Ads can generate hundreds if not thousands of leads for under a couple hundred bucks. I did my first campaign for $20 and got over 300 “likes”, got them in my sales funnel for email marketing and made over $4000. NOT TOO SHABBY!
Let’s dive into what I feel is the most powerful & cheapest way to attract new clients on the net; FaceBook ads!
THERE ARE 4 DISTINCT PARTS TO A GREAT FACEBOOK AD:
1) Headline – needs to ask a question or offer something like “5 tips to…” or “10 ways to….” etc
2) Image – Grab attention but needs to be relevant
- smiling faces looking out get clicks.
- Remember a picture says a thousand words.
- FB will smack down the ad if it’s not relevant.
- NO logos
- NO unreadable text
- NO personal head shots unless relevant - It’s been tested that putting a frame around your picture also helps attract attention. - Since the amount of text is limited a good way to add more is take advantage of photo editing and add text to your relevant, attention grabbing photo 3) Body – body text should be one BIG promise 4) Call to action – end body text with a call to action - could be your phone # or “get your FREE XXX” to “help you xxx” and make it clickable tied to a url with a free download, pdf etc.
BEST MARKETING STRATEGY:
- The best strategy is to ask a question & promise to answer by clicking through to a “Sandwich” page, if you’re taking them off Facebook or a Landing page on your fanpage to keep them in Facebook
- don’t go straight from ad to wall – want them on landing page.
- Sandwich page is different from a Squeeze page or optin in that you just give enough content that can be consumed in a few minutes and then take them to you sales page where you make the BIG offer and monetize it.
- You may list your services and how they’ll help solve the problem and offer a discount for acting now etc
- At bottom of Sandwich page put “next page” w/ imbedded URL to get them to move to Sales Page
- All pages and ad should have some continuity by looking similar.
BIG NO NO’S OR FB WON’T APPROVE AD:
- DON’T USE ALL CAPS! Excuse me…Don’t use all caps!
- Use proper grammar & spelling… No slang
- No incomplete thoughts ending with….
- No false discounts
- Images must be relevant
- Nothing offensive….even a little
- No abbreviations or symbols for words… No “@” for “ex”
- Be polite, nice and write like an English teacher.
Other than that you can do pretty much whatever you want!!
Most of the targeting section is self explanatory. you can target by location (right down to the zip for highly target), age, sex, who they’re connected with and more. But where most people get it wrong is picking broad keyword or categories.
Under “Interestes” you can select “Broad Category” or “Precise Interest Targeting”; you want precise. Do some keyword research to see what terms people are searching and then use one or two terms only. You don’t want to end up with millions of results. Thousands maybe. But the trick is to reach people that are already interested in your keyword.
Let’s say you know a competitor or someone in your niche that has a fan page with thousands of followers that could potentially buy your product. In the “Precise Interest” box put there name, or their page name. Then add the keyword (just hit the little + sign to add more than one. Now when you add goes out, it will show up on the pages of all the people following that person or niche.
Write a six ads and test them; 2 with same text different image, 2 with same image different text, 2 with a change in demographics. If you click through rate is below 2% after a couple days, tweak the ads or the targeting demographics.
- Set up a small budget to cover a couple days for testing. Under advanced mode in pricing you want to use CPC. This is Pay Per Click where you pay if someone clicks the ad) Don’t use CPM.
- Rule of thumb is bid 1/2 the recommended amount for 2 days then bid the recommended amt for 2 days to determine your ROI - this should give you the low & high
- You can bid a few cents over the low but not a round number… May see the bid range go down but you’ll rarely pay as high as the bid amount
- if you’re driving traffic to an internal fanpage you’ll pay less.
- Watch it daily so it doesn’t get out of control and cost you more than you want
- You can set a cap for the campaign so you won’t bust your budget.
I hope you’ve found this helpful but I’m fully aware it may be information overload and you’re eyes are glazing over at the thought of having to try this. DON’T PANIC! I’m just a phone call or email away and willing to help you any way I can.
Unlocking the door to Your Social Media Success!
Plugins: Right now you can take advantage of 50% most of my Social Media Network & Marketing services. Check it out on the “Service Matters” tab!